Dardanelle Regional Senior Health Services offers assistance for seniors experiencing symptoms of dementia and other disorders affecting their mental health. These services are provided through both inpatient and outpatient services.
Senior Behavioral Care
Senior behavioral care is an inpatient service designed for individuals ages 60 and older who need short-term (10 to 14 days) mental health care. An individualized treatment plan is developed for each patient. Additionally, we schedule daily therapeutic activities, and prepare for a smooth transition back to the home or an appropriate long-term care facility.
Our Senior Behavioral Health unit includes 10 beds and 4 private rooms. It is located in the medical center for a prompt physician or emergency care. Initial assessments are free and include a pre-admission telephone screening. All patients are admitted by a psychiatrist with a primary care physician, or a hospitalist consulting for any chronic medical condition.
Our individual and group therapy programs involve counseling, music, art, pets, plants, spirituality, relaxation, and recreation. If requested, primary care physicians will receive patient progress reports regularly. If you or a loved one exhibit any of the signs of mental distress, please contact us for a full assessment.
Signs & Symptoms
- Crying spells
- Lack of sleep or excessive sleep
- Memory loss
- Paranoia or delusions
- Sudden weight loss/gain
- Age 65 or older
- Medically stable
- Any change in mental status
- Potentially hazardous to self or others
- Diminished ability to think or concentrate
- Acute onset of inability to cope with stress
- Paranoia and/or psychosis
- Hallucinations or delusions
- Dementia with behavior problems
A physician, caregiver, concerned family member, or a friend may call us to make a referral. A Senior Behavioral Health Care Professional is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to provide a confidential, courtesy assessment. For additional information, please contact us at 479-229-6147.
Many health and fitness experts believe that mental and physical health are closely linked together. With this in mind, a number of wellness programs are available to senior adults through the Conway Regional Health & Fitness Center, including:
- Arthritis Foundation Aquatic Program: Designed for people limited by impaired join motion and/or strength
- Fibromyalgia Aquatics: A low to moderate intensity exercise for people with fibromyalgia
- SilverSneakers Fitness Program: A national program allowing older adults to take greater control of their health.
- Weight Management Support Group: Open to both members and non-members of the Conway Regional Health & Fitness Center, this group offers accountability and support to help you meet and/or maintain your weight goals.