After You Leave
When your doctor believes you are ready to leave the hospital, they will authorize your discharge. Please talk to your nurse about the hospital's discharge procedures.
Here are a few tips to make the discharge process run smoothly:
- Be sure you and/or your caregiver speak with a discharge planner so that you understand the services needed after leaving the hospital.
- Verify the date and time of your discharge with your nurse or doctor.
- Arrange for someone to pick you up when you are discharged.
- Before leaving, check your room and bathroom carefully for any personal items.
- Ensure you or your caregiver has all the necessary paperwork for billing, referrals, prescriptions, etc.
Continuing Care Options
Your doctor may request follow-up care once you leave the hospital. As part of Conway Regional Health System, some of the outpatient follow-up care services we offer include: